How many of us are on diets all through the year?  What has or hasn't worked for you.....

Views: 211

Replies to This Discussion

I started back on Weight Watchers but, didn't like the new program....I liked the one before, but, still struggling with it....I don't like the word diet because what are the first three letters of diet...die.....and some do die from being obsessive and yo-yoing.....I try to just be mindful of what I put in my mouth and I usually buy fresh or frozen and no added chemicals....still having a problem with getting off drinking Pepsi....I do like it...water is a problem...hard time drinking it...

I agree with you. Water and I have a love hate relationship. I love my Dr. Pepper. I can't do diet sodas they taste so blah. I will do the weight watchers thing again but the old way I will just have to be supportive for myself I guess, but that's ok I can do it all by myself. :)
I don't do diet products at all.....I eat and drink the real stuff.....artificial sweetners are not healthy...splenda has chlorine in it...yuk....

I have recently lost 70 pounds just by cutting back on starches and watching my sugar intake. i found out i was diabetic and i got terrified so i just buckled down and counted my carbs and all and now i am getting thinner all the time.... lol

Tina...that is so wonderful...congrats....do you also eat gluten-free foods as well? I am really struggling...my doctor has already kinda fussed at me and I know I need to really buckle down and pay attention....I have already cut back my starch intake which is hard because I love potatoes...last night I sauteed some onion, squash and broccoli in Macadamia oil....I am not really a sweets person, my thing is the potatoes.....

no hun reallly i just allow myself 47 carbs per meal and 18 carbs per snack. that's it. Its been working wonderful to me. baked potatoes are great but dont eat the skins. thats where the majority of the starches are.

Congrats, Tina! It is great to have another low-carber here! (Of course I limit my carbs per day to 40 grams or below, so your diet sounds like heaven!! I'm so glad you didn't fall for that whole low fat diet thing when they diagnosed your diabetes. It absolutely mystifies me how they can ask people to restrict fats (so that they eat more carbs) when that seems to be the very thing that is playing havoc with people's blood sugar!

Really? I didn't know that...I thought that's were all the nutrients were...OMG....well, I bought a detailed book that counts, cal.fat, sugar, carb. protein, on all foods...it's the one that comes out each year...Corrines,something like that....maybe I will begin a food journal and keep track like that......I know I do eat too many starchy foods....probably why I feel so full and bloated and tired all the time.......

Thank You @W.S and Penny..... it has taken time and it does get discouraging when u hit the plateau stage but I found that if I do good on my diet then once a month I will treat myself to something like a coffee coolatta from dunkin donuts or a mocha frappe from Mc Donalds. It helps me because then I feel like I am not losing out on the good things in life. It's something I love and i feel if I want one then I better be true to my diet. Oh I go off every now and again especially at parties but when I do then I don't treat myself that month with either one. It strictly determination and sheer will. Also I have a great support system in my friends like Hetty and Master and others.

That's so wonderful, Tina that  you have a support system with friends......you are lucky as I don't have that...I am pretty much on my own......I try to eat organic as much as possible...and, I don't deny myself a treat every so often.....I don't believe in denying yourself because then, you tend to really binge, so, a treat now and then is great....the key, too, is moderation......

RSS

Members

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

take a bite out of life ;-)

Events

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Hetty.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service